LokBuild is an adhesive 3D printing surface made from textured sheets that attach easily to the build plate of your 3D printer, with heat-resistant adhesive backing. LokBuild replaces the need for other traditional build plate adhesives such as blue masking tape or Kapton Tape. It provides a stable build platform for 3D printed models whilst allowing completed models to be removed easily.
LokBuild is available in 4 sizes: ExtraSmall, Small, Large and ExtraLarge; and can be cut to suit the exact shape and size of your 3D printer build surface
- LokBuild ExtraSmall: measures 153mm x 153mm
- LokBuild Small: measures 203mm x 203mm
- LokBuild Large: measures 305mm x 305mm
- LokBuild ExtraLarge: measures 432 x 432mm
- Optimal 3D printing surface
- Improves model adhesion
- Reduces warping
- Easier nozzle height calibration
- Durable and long lasting
- Protect your build plate
- Easy removal of completed prints
- One build surface for most materials
- Easy to install and remove
INSTALLATION AND CLEANING
Installing LokBuild onto your print bed
- Wipe the build platform to make sure it is clean
- Trim LokBuild to match the shape and size of your build plate. This can be done easily with general household scissors or a craft knife
- Remove the adhesive backing and apply LokBuild to the build plate. Start from one side and work your way to the other side, smoothing the LokBuild as you progress
- Adjust the printer nozzle height and check that the build surface is level
Nozzle height calibration
LokBuild is more forgiving than some other products e.g. kapton tape when setting the nozzle height. However there will be an optimal nozzle height for your chosen material and printer.
LokBuild recommmend starting further away from the bed than with other surfaces and then reduce the nozzle height slightly until the print sticks to LokBuild. The vast number of printers and materials makes it impossible to give exact print parameters but a good starting point for the nozzle height would be between 0.20mm and 0.25mm. LokBuild performs better without squashing the filament too much on the first layer.
How to clean LokBuild
LokBuild should not need to be cleaned very often but if required, it is recommended to use alcohol wipes or similar. Do not use acetone as this will damage the surface.
There are no reviews yet.